We know how much everyone loves a good festival and the festival season is now well underway. You’ve got your wellies and waterproofs but you are after a few tips for how to handle your tech for the festival season. Do not fear, digi.me are here with some great tips for you!
- Batteries & Charging – You can’t rely on your phone battery surviving for an entire weekend of festival fun so let’s make sure you have plenty of juice whilst you are out and about. There are a few options but we love the external battery options as they are reliable and pain free. Alternatively you could choose to go solar! But be warned you may just be disappointed if it is wet and rainy!
- Rain Proofing – There are cheap options and fancy options… It really depends on how you use your phone. You could just put your phone in a sandwich bag and voila phone protected, or you could get a fancy waterproof case for it. There are a few around and they really aren’t that expensive and could save you a mishap or two!
- Photo’s & Videos – You are bound to take a few of these whilst you are out and about… but what happens if you lose your phone or worst case it gets stolen. (we hear it happens from time to time) Before you go back up your content from your phone, clear off any pics that don’t need to be on there and make sure you have enough storage space for those new pics and vids. Whilst you are out make sure you are backing up your images & videos to the cloud be that iCloud, OneDrive, Google Drive or somewhere else. Now you have less chance of losing those pics. Not sure about Google and co as cloud storage options here are a few alternatives.
- Sharing & Saving – You want to share your favourite images & videos with your friends so make sure you have your favourite social media apps downloaded to your phone. Check if your festival has wifi, it’s quicker to upload that way than on the totally jammed mobile networks. If you do have to use your phone to upload try 4g but if that is jammed drop your phone down to use the 3g network. Most others won’t have thought to try that. 🙂
- Unable to go to a festival this year – Relive the festival vibe by replaying content from previous years or even join online virtual festivals. Or better still create your very own home festival and remember to capture it and share it with your friends.
- Reliving Your Festival Moments – You’ve just got back from your festival and you want to relive those favourite festival moments. Start up digi.me and sync your social networks. See what pictures and videos you shared and review those fun moments that your friends have tagged you in.
If you have some top festival tips share them with us on Twitter and we will retweet the best of them over the course of the festival season!